From Gagan’s Kitchen
Diwali means “row of lights”.
Victory of light over darkness, good over evil. I love this festival. For me Diwali is all about decorating home with flowers, lights, Diyas, rituals and then feast and sweets.
So this year for Diwali I made Moong Daal ka Halwa and sharing this quick recipe with you all.
Moong Daal Ka Halwa
1 Cup moong Dal dhooli ( bina chhilke ki)
½ Cup Roasted Semolina
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Ghee
8-10 Strands Saffron
2 Cups Water
3-4 Green Cardamom
1/2 Cup Mix Tutti Fruity
1/2 Cup glazed cherry
1/2 Cup Almonds
1. Dry roast moong daal in pan and leave it to cool
2. Mix sugar, cardamom and water and boil
3. Put saffron in like warm milk and keep it aside..
4. Now coarse grind daal in blender
5. Heat ghee in heavy bottom nonstick pan and add ground daal and roast it again till leaves nutty smell..
Add roasted semolina.
6. Add milk in it . At this stage daal will soak milk quickly.
7. slow down gas and add sugar water slowly and keep stirring to avoid lumps. If still you get lumps don’t worry and break lumps by keep stirring
8. At this stage if you think you need little more ghee just add couple of tbsp..
9. Initial stage halwa will be sticky but keep stirring until it starts leaving the bottom of pan.
11. Transfer in a dish and garnish with remaining dry fruits and cherries.
12. Serve hot.